Well I ended up buying it, will follow up soon I'm sure :)

Darren Marshall, Co-Founder

doejo.com
doejo.com/space
bowtruss.com
aquanautbeer.com

> On Aug 24, 2015, at 3:18 PM, Jon Agne via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>

> I assume Curly's spell checker meant “lovely” when referring to the Zenith’s!
> :-)  My M108 may not be the quickest off the line with only 2.5l, but it runs
> great with no hesitation at all in acceleration.  It loves 55-75 mph, but
> will get to 90 in a heartbeat and sometimes find myself cruising along at 85
> on the interstate.
>
> As far as the vapor lock issue is concerned, yes, it can be a problem and it
> was for me until I realized the fuel return valve was totally petrified with
> fuel sediment after sitting for close to 15 years.  Tom Hanson has the
> correct part at the Classic Center.  I’d get the whole valve as it has to
> work just right.  Make sure it is threaded correctly and tight.  If not it
> will spew fuel directly onto the hot exhaust manifold.  Ask me how I know…
>
> I am guessing the vapor lock occurs in the large metal fuel line that passes
> directly in front of the valve cover as that is the only place the fuel line
> passes something that gets really warm.  I have seen some of these motors
> with custom insulated fuel hoses replacing this line.
>
> I love my 250S with the M108 engine.  Thanks again to Jaime for the advice
> and occasional unobtainium part.
>
> Jon
>

>> On Aug 24, 2015, at 3:33 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The Zeniths are a piece of cake to work with. You just have to follow the
>> instructions to. The. Letter.
>>
>> I love the M130 with the Zenith carbs. Had this setup in several cars, W114,
>> W108, and they ran great.  The W114, a 1970 250C, would pull stumps and
>> easily blow larger displacement cars away with little effort.
>>
>> I'll step back and let Jaime pile on next.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> Sent from my iPad

>>> As far back (at least) as the 111 (1960) MB used a return flow system, to
>>> keep cooler Benzin flowing to the carbs.  This helps to minimize problems.
>>> First step is to make sure the  valve that controls the return flow to the
>>> tank is working properly.
>>>
>>> That and working on the lousy zenith dual carbs on a 250S are the limits of
>>> my MB carbureted gasser experience.   I avoid them like the plague, but the
>>> 220Sb with the dual solex were ok.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This
disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete
this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are