Well I finally go fuel to the injectors, I just wasn't expecting it to take as low as it did. I did have a second battery in parallel. Now I can put the rest of the intake manifold and covers back on to button thing up. It will be nice not to smell diesel when I stop and leaking on the floor. None of the 'O' rings came out in one piece, they were very hard and brittle. I believe they have never been change since the car was new!

427,000  miles and still running.

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Massmann via Mercedes
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2015 7:23 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: rmassm...@embarqmail.com ; Max Dillion
Subject: [MBZ] !995 E300D Question Injection Pump Leak Repair

Max,

I changed my injection pump delivery valve ‘O’ rings and copper washers today, but it seems to be taking an awful long time to get the fuel line full of fuel. Still not seeing any fuel at the injectors where have the lines cracked to bleed the lines.

Not sure if I have done something wrong. I only removed the body, the spring and the copper washer. Everything else I left alone. I was surprised ( 4) out of the six injectors didn’t have much fuel and may have been due to the poor condition of the ‘O’ rings on the delivery valve body.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Regards,

Bob Massmann