And maybe it's me, but why do people get the idea that the original first aid kit adds value? If it's not fused closed from being baked in the back window, the stuff that's in it is so worthless it could never be put to use. Call me a purist, but those are the first thing I toss when I get an older car.

Dan

Ah, Herr Benz Guru, that is where we differ. A triangular bandage still works, if 30 years old. I replace tape, and other aged adhesive stuff, anything that may be hopelessly outdated, then add bandaids and other stuff to make a good kit.

In fact, the kit from the late beloved TD is at the cottage, as it is a better kit than what had been there. Fortunately, to date, we have never had to use anything but minor stuff from any of the kits.

30 some years ago, Herr Clarke, owner of the dealership I bought parts from, gave me a new German kit from a new car delivered to the dealership with the German kit rather than the US kit. I carried it in the 200D for years, and I still have it. Since then, I have grown attached to having a MB first aid kit in the car. Even before that I carried a small AAA kit, but it is very minimal compared to the MB kit.

I will admit that the number of triangular bandages is probably in excess, unless travelling in a turd world country where one 6-7 pass van may be hauling 20-30 people.