-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Zeitgeist
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:54 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W's concern abt oil

Well, if those are the "best" means of reducing our dependence upon
foreign oil, then we should just annex Canada; our largest single
source of foreign oil...and, lately they've shown themselves to be
really unstable.

On 2/1/06, Kaleb C. Striplin  wrote:
> no, he didnt mention biodiesel but did mention making ethanol out of
> stocks, switchgrass and such.  Should have mentioned drilling in ANWR,
> off the coast of FL and CA, and exploiting oil shale deposits.  Also
> should have mentioned the need to build more refinaries and nuke plants.
>
> Mitch Haley wrote:
>
> > wilton strickland wrote:
> >
> >> Anybody hear W say anythng abt biodiesel to reduce dependence on oil?
> >

> > I missed the state of the union address, but last I knew, the solution
> > to our dependence on foreign oil was to drill some wells and finish
> > using up our own oil. That'll really make us less dependent on other
> > countries which still have oil.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler (211k)
'84 300D (207k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (186K)

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1992 Volkswagen Golf, diesel, 185K km, "Nanook"
-1987 300TD, 151K, "Rotk├Ąppchen"
-1985 300SD, 211K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Pr├╝fenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"