From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Feb 03 21:40:54 2006
From: Peter T. Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:40:50 -0500
Subject: [MBZ] How I found this Group

"Kaleb C. Striplin" wrote:
>=20
> Would be interesting to find out how people came to be on this list(or
=A2     the previous mbz.org)

When I was young, I walked 2 miles to school, uphill both ways.  The
rich guy who owned the mill would drive his Mercedes by and splash mud
on the pants my dear Mother had made me.  Some day I was going to be
like him.
I swore than to make it big as an accordion player, doing weddings,
funerals and retirement parties (from the mill) to earn big bucks.
Diligence has it's rewards, I was able to purchase a 10 year old IBM
8088 for it's original values, you see the mill owners son had opened
a computer store in the center of town, next to his sister's Bordello
that I had a day gig in.
It was an exciting time, I mastered AOL in 6 months flat!
A Giggle search helped me find the list in about 1999.  I lurked for 3
weeks, so as to find all of the inner secrets of the Klatta
Brotherhood as we are known to the outer world.  I found out that
Diesel fuel was much cheaper than regular gas, M/B parts were readily
available, and even even a cowboy from Oklahoma could handle repairs!
I was also learned of this Trusty Rusty fellow who scratched out a
living in central Georgia selling M/B parts, cars and BBQ.  {I must
digress, being a northerner; I feel a certain responsibility to
support the revival of the South.  To this day I still drink nothing
but Kentucky Whiskey}
Rusty had a very nice 300SDL, the deal was consummated.  Wife and I
flew down, jumped into the car and drove it like we stole it.

Regrets, I have a few;
We never made a BBQ
Sorry Willie!

I really should have looked harder for a 240D Manny.  I actually meet
an old fellow in New Hampshire who was driving a mid80's with 58,000
miles on it.  He had bought it new and stored it in the barn during
salt season it had -0- rust!.  I offered him obscene money for it
{$5,000}.  He promised to keep my name next to his registration in the
event he is forced to sell. More my type of car, I like simple things.
I've never had a Yo-Yo I couldn't fix.

I should have painted my car a week after I got it.

Nice group of folks on this list, even the contrary ones are not rude.
I've driven my car about 100,000 miles.  Not a cheap ride but very
reliable if you pay attention and do maintenance in a timely manor. My
wife likes to ride but not drive it.  She is very uncomfortable with
the lethargic acceleration from rest.

That's my story, I'm sticking to it!

Pete Arnold
Windsor, CT