You know that is exactly why I posted this here because I was sure others in
this list have relocated for work before. The VP of our company got fired a
while back and my boss was one that applied for it. Turns out the west coast
regional got moved up. If my boss would have got it then I would have been
going after his job. I will put it this way, last year a rep job with carfax
was open which never happens. I interviewed for it but they ended up going with
a friend of mine who was an internal candidate. I would have moved from my
management job to a much less stressful rep job at carfax for much larger base
but lower bonus portion. It thing that move would have netted about 10k more
per year. So just from talking to my boss the base for a regional manager job
with our company would come in a little less than the rep job at carfax. Not
sure what the bonus is but that is where I'm getting the idea it's not worth it
to relocate.

Sent from my iPhone