On Saturday, February 4, 2006, at 01:21 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

Well nevermind my neverming, I just found the washer, it fell out when I
removed the tensioner.  It was there, just fell out.  Still rattles.
Tensioner doesnt seem to have any play really, is straight and not
cockeyed.  The shock seems to dampen.  At least its hard to push it in.
  Wondered about the spring.  Im wondering if its not keeping proper
tension.  As I said before, i removed the top bolt and tried prying it
back (to give it more tension), it seems to make a very small difference
but not that much.  That little bit I could pry it back might not be
enough though.  Guess I should put a new shock and spring on it and see
what it does.

Check everything that the belt drives, could have a bad bearing in any of it.

FWIW The water pump on my wife's Jeep started pissing like a racehorse yesterday, never made a peep. When I changed it today the bearing was so bad the impeller ate into the housing about 3/8". It was quiet as a church mouse when I pulled it in to work on it this morning.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am