From: Mercedes <mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com> on behalf of Curly McLain via
Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: 02 December 2015 02:25
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: Curly McLain
Subject: [MBZ] 124 tachometers

I seem to have 2 124 Diesels ( 87 300D) with non working tachometers.

I have a couple of spare Klimas, so I can try swapping them and the
OVP relay to start.  I did that on one of them before with no change.
Also tried direct ground on the cluster with no effect.   OVP relays,
I have to swap from another car, but that is possible.

Anyone BTDT?  One idles real slow, then fast, then slow, etc without
any apparent rhyme or reason.  The other just idles too slow.  I am
pretty sure the idle speed and the tach are related some how.

Where does the tach signal originate?  The tach signal goes to the
klima, then out, I believe.

Possible self destructing insulation on the wire bundles?  I thought
87 Diesels were prior to the problems.