He did. He met her online and made a special trip to meet her.

The theory that makes the most sense to me is that they were planning some sort
of attack with their stockpiles ammunition and bombs, and something that was
said or done at the gathering of the people with whom he worked inspired them
to shoot up the party rather than pick a different target.
Gerry