Having shot both semiauto and non-semiauto shotguns, I would say that the
recoil on a semiauto is significantly less.

First shotgun I ever shot was a Winchester double barrel.  Had a bruise on my
shoulder after 50 rounds of trap.  Ouch.  After I used a semiauto I was amazed
at the difference.  And not bruised.

Dan still looking for a 30” Lanber 2087 O/U