On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 11:52:35 -0600 OK Don via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> We have sleet, the roads are slippery, but I've not gone out to really
> test them. This wasn't forecast to arrive until this evening here . . .

There is more coming, as this story from 0802 this morning says:

        A civil emergency was declared Sunday morning as high winds and
        blowing snow led to dangerous and life-threatening conditions in
        eastern New Mexico, officials said.

        Snow drifts of 6 to 10 feet and low visibility were reported in
        Roosevelt and Quay counties. Wind gusts of up to 60 mph and
        negative wind chills created hazardous travel conditions,
        officials said.

        Several motorists were stranded, and drivers were urged to stay
        off the roads.

Craig