ATTABOY!

BTW, is "smooshed" related to "busted?" Maybe a cousin? Is "smooshed" "smashed's" sister?

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:51 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] FedEx Ape-like Package Handling

Back to the original topic....

Back on the 17th, I checked in to see what the status of my damage claim was.

Denied.

What? I got an explanation and a follow-up letter. It was basically a dodge, telling me that the claim was denied because I wasn't the shipper. BS. I had an email from FedEx when I originally called stating that either the shipper or myself could file a damage claim, but if I did it they would pay the shipper, not me.

OK, two can play at this game, folks....

So I got the shipper to send FedEx a waiver, giving me rights to the claim. This is in their fine print and not something they'll tell you unless you ask.

Within 30 minutes, the shipper gets an email asking for proof of value. Heh. He had a copy of the original receipt from Apple. $6,300.00 worth of computer. Ouch!

Fast forward to this week. No word from FedEx, so I send the claims rep an email asking about the claim status. Crickets.

I asked the shipper if he would mind making an inquiry. That was Tuesday.

Late yesterday, he gets an email from the claims person at FedEx. "We'll be sending a check to Dan this week. He should have it next week some time.

Nice. I'm going to give the shipper/seller the shipping charges back, as he underestimated what it would cost him and ended up taking a big hit out of his own pocket. I'm just glad he had FedEx pack this, as I'm sure that's one of the reasons they paid out without fighting.

That means I'll end up having paid roughly $100 for the computer. Yes, the case is smooshed, but it still works just fine.

Dan

Sent from my iPad