On 2/6/06, Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sunil Hari wrote:
> > I'm looking for a service manual for my 124 car - what's the best one to
> > get, and where can you get it?
> >
> > Is there something similar to the w123 skinnerbox page for w124 cars?
> >
> > Lastly, how's the Bentley manual for these cars?  Is it on the level of
> > Haynes manual or an MB manual?
> >

> http://skinnerbox.steaky.org/Service/W124/Main.html
> http://mb.braingears.com/
>
> The Bentley 124 owner's bible written by Stu Ritter is NOT a repair
> manual, but it has a lot of good information in it (an a few things that
> are just plain WRONG). Best bet for the most information for the least
> money is the factory CD (but they are NOT complete). Next best value are
> the yearly Technical Data Manuals, but they stopped printing them in ~'93.

I have the Stu Ritter book, the English Haynes 124 book (available at
amazon.co.uk and sometimes on ebay), and the FSM CDs.  I think together they
are almost as good as the Helm service manuals for my Isuzu.  ;)   None of
them is great, but usually you'll find what you need SOMEWHERE among the
three.

Marshall, what is incorrect in the Ritter book?  I'm curious what I should
look out for.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper