On 2/6/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I don't remember that discussion---why is wiring them that way a bad
> > idea?
>
> The bulbs and/or sockets overheat.  They're not designed to
> run that way.  You don't really get any more useful high
> beam light out of them anyway.

Hm, OK.  Too bad.  The instructions for wiring up Euro lights and relays in
the Ritter book are so clear!  I was going to depend on them when I get
around to doing the conversion on my 124.  Jim, if you have time, could you
provide similarly easy-to-follow wiring directions for an "approved" Euro
conversion for those of us with a brown thumb for electronics?  Or are they
already posted somewhere---on Dave M's site, maybe?

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper