Go fast pedal fell off Froggy, as I mentioned last week.  Airmatic pooped out
on the W220.  Fresh pump went in at the indy, but same errors, so off to the
dealer for diagnosis, which came back as failed sensor on passenger side and
rear.  Stealership will give me 10% MBCA discount and do work Wednesday.

Go fast pedal issue on Froggy went to the indy to see if he was able to fix, as
I had been warned not to mess with the car by myself, because he was no longer
going to defornicate my "repairs".  Turned out indy was not able to effectuate
repairs due to rusting off of metal tongue that holds the base of the pedal to
the floor.  I was advised to contact a body shop to have repair to rusty floor
area done.  I know a good shop, just expensive, and the job is a bit small for
them.

I got Froggy back home, out of the rain, and took a bigger look at the pedal
and floor.  I cut some nice steel to make a flange and base L.  The go pedal
had failed historically, based on the set of screws holding the metal tab in
the base of the pedal, instead of there being a plastic plug.   This will make
installation hard, but I can machine out a spot in the new base.  Guess I will
need to visit PnP to get a new clip/retainer/plug.

I pulled up the carpet and sound proofing to get a better look at the flooring.
 Some prior work was done.  Looks like another person had faked up a pedal base
and attached it in place of the original.  That bit of metal is what rusted
away.  There is a sandwich of metal I now need to figure out if I chisel it off
and clean up the flooring, or just weld my solution on top.  My POR 15 job on
the floor is holding up well, with minimal rust coming through.  I was pretty
sure I had taken that down to metal when I painted the product on.  Guess not
as much as I had thought.  Ice pick will come out  to probe the depth of that
problem.  No rust through from the underside.  May be that the undercoating it
holding the floor together?

At the moment I am baking the metal L base/flange after giving it some rust
proof paint, then a good base primer, and a few coats of 040 black to protect
the thing from rust.  That should do well enough to out survive me.  Shoe goo
will no doubt hold the whole thing to the floor.  Though I could rivet it, just
for belt and suspenders.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers