Then you tack on my 15% commission on each sale...

John Berryman wrote:

On Wednesday, February 8, 2006, at 10:24 AM, Curt Raymond wrote:

Johnny B,
What weight of Amsoil are you running in your cars? I drove all around last weekend looking for Mobil 1 5w40 for my 190D and had zero luck. Every place I went to carried it but none actually HAD any. A guy at one Wal-Mart told me they sell out quick. Whats extra irritating is a couple weeks ago I was at Wal-Mart and they had a bunch but I didn't get any. That'll teach me.

Anyway I'm considering Amsoil and so checking out their site. I'm thinking the XL 10w40 or AFL 5w40. The XL is cheaper, a bit cheaper than Mobil 1 even although shipping will probably fix that.

I'd be interested to hear from you and any other Amsoil folks that are around.

 -Curt

Curt,
Not being able to get the Mobil 1 products I want when I want them is what made me look into Amsoil. I have 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel oil 100% synthetic (AME) in one car. Series 3000 5W-30 100% synthetic(HDD) in another. Change interval of 15,000mi on both. I also have 3 MB diesels running on Mobil 1 15-50. Same 15,000mi oil change interval Bottom line is; They all allow for way faster cold cranking speeds than dino oils of the same viscosity and provide better all around performance/longevity. I have done my own comparisons and test results between Amsoil and Mobil 1 show little to no variation on the same engine. The coldest that its been since I came home was -8 F. For science, I did not plug in the block heaters and both of the cars with Amsoil started right up (after 2.5 glow cycles and some cranking. I couldn't tell the difference in cranking speed between them. 15-40 is in a 602 engine, 5-30 is in a 601. The three 617.952s I have are running the 15-50 Mobil 1. 2 out of 3 started without much fuss. The remaining car had a weak battery, after charging it up, the temp was in the teens, car started but cannot be used as comparison due to the rise in ambient temp. I/my vehicles are a good test bed for cold performance due to my geographical location. I also have 3 different MB diesel engines. I also drive a zillion mies a year. I am going to run the 15-40 AME in my 190D 2.5 up to 20,000 and send a sample in for analysis. Will report on the test results when the time comes. I do not recommend going past 15,000 mi without oil analysis. I sleep better at night knowing that I'm causing no harm to my engines by extending the drain intervals.

BTW if anyone is considering using Amsoil please let me get you started. It costs $30 annually to become a dealer. I saved that plus more $$ on my first order. I will get a stipend from Amsoil and it won't affect your price. A win-win situation. I should be getting the rest of my dealer kit in a couple of days and can provide more, better info at that time. Other options are to become a preferred customer $20/year or just go retail. If you decide to go retail contact me and I will give you my ZO#. This will once again do something for me without any change in your price. Give me a shot, if you just go and do it yourself it will be like throwing money away,

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am