I do my best

On 1/22/2016 7:01 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Helpful as always.

On Jan 22, 2016, at 7:59 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Its a POS

On 1/22/2016 6:53 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
I know there aren’t many folk here who are familiar with the W140, but I’m
desperate.

The 1998 S420 has been acting strangely.  Everything works in the ACC, such as
doors, fan speed, different modes, compressor, etc., but there is no
temperature change in the cabin.

That is, if you want heat you get ambient temperature.  If you want AC, you get
ambient temperature.  If you set the temperature, the fan and louvers all do
their thing, that is, when it’s trying to heat the air is directed to the
floor,  If you put it on defrost it blows on the windshield.  If you have it on
automatic the compressor will come on and the proper vents will have air coming
out of them if you crank the temperature settings down.  I also checked AC
pressures and temperatures and they’re spot on.  Duovalve works, is not
restricted, and the circulation pump runs and can be heard when called on, as
can the AC compressor.

The only thing I can figure is that there is a door of some kind on the air
distribution box that isn’t letting air flow through it.  I checked the fresh
air door in the cowl and it’s opening and closing as it’s supposed to, and just
to be sure I left the cover off the cowl to see if that might be restricting
air.  Nope.

It’s got me thoroughly stumped.  No DTCs, either.  It’s like there is no input
from either the evaporator or heater cores and just ambient air is blowing
through the system.

Help?

Dan