Was just talking to someone the other day about selling cars on eBay.  They
were telling me that they’ve had a couple of instances where bidders will
purposely bid high to expose the reserve, then immediately retract the bid.
This way they know where the reserve is and whether or not they want to go
after the auction.

I was wondering if this behavior isn’t banned by eBay.  They said not, that
even if you report people eBay doesn’t do anything about it, at least not that
they knew of.  They also pointed out that you can look in a member’s feedback
profile and see the number of retractions they’ve made to get an idea of how
they operate.  Didn’t know that.

Interesting.

Dan