Dan,
Did your tire guy check for a Michelin warranty/recall for southern tires? My
SNL bought a used car, had Michelins, looked bad, took them to a tire store and
they processed a refund and he replaced the tires with new ones. Tire shop said
their was a warranty/recall on southern tires because they wouldn't hold up to
the Sun's destructive rays. I don't remember the total story, but maybe you
should check it out. I live in the Atlanta area and the Sun gets pretty rough
in the Summer. Just a suggestion.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale