Not really.  MBCA write up was overly optimistic in valuations and knowledgable
buyers look at far more than the star to figure out need to purchase.   There
are a host of local cars that are no more than parts cars that sellers want to
make a mint from.  They have more value at PnP.

Most of the cars on the road in the R/c107 class are #4 condition.  A few may
make it to #3 and are driven.  I have yet to see a true #2.  My indy has five
or six SL he is working on.  The 73 he rebuilt for a customer is a solid #3 and
will sell for under $10k,  Local dealer had a 84 380sl listed at $12k.  I
looked at it but it got sold while I fiddled about trying to get SWMBA to get
there.  This was a definite #3, border #2.  No damage at all.  Paint was
spectacular, interior had no sign of wear.  Serviced by the dealer from new,
and all work done by the dealer with no cost seeming to be spared.  The only
thing I could find wrong was that the wheel wells had some dirt.  This was
front and center on the sales floor.   It sold for $7800.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers