Re. the compressor problem, 'been trying to remember name of relay that caused same problem on my '87 300D - a relay behind the battery. Somebody help me remember its name. Is it overvoltage relay? Again, behind battery on '87 300D. 'Had same prob with compressor that Dan is having with '90 350SDL. I replaced that relay behind battery to cure prob.

Overvoltage relay on 350SDL is at rear of engine comp. inward from fuse box. Small rectangular unit w/clear, plastic top, I think.

Wilton

All my problems were the KLIMA relay. The Beloved Herr Doktor argued with me, and said the Klimas never failed (in his experience). My experience was that EVERY KLIMA fails. OVP relay can cause wonky problems too. I've never had an OVP relay fail....YET!