Ok so I am on a car buying trip and picked up my old SDL from curly. I stopped
in little rock for the night to check out a 92 600sel. I have always wanted one
as a toy. Talked to the guy yesterday for about 30 minutes about the car. He
did specifically mention replacing the engine wiring harness so that is a
somewhat positive sign. So I get ahold of the guy who had to jump the car
because it has been sitting for a while not being driven. I get there and they
have turned the car off and now it won't start. Battery is toast. So looking at
the car is it fairly clean, interior in pretty good shape. Engine compartment
looks clean. I ran the carfax and it appears to have many maintenance entry's
listed. It also had an accident reported back in 00. I can't tell it though it
was repaired properly it appears. Clear coat on the top surfaces is starting to
go, not real real bad get. So I told the guy I may come back in the morning
with the battery out of the SDL. Of course he says it runs great
  yada yada. My concern is the check engine light does not light when key is on
so bulb is probably out, so I can't tell if it's for a check engine light if I
do go back and start it. As I have said I have wanted one of these as a toy to
mess with. It's a 1st year car but on the plus it has the for 400 plus hp where
as the next year they were tuned down to about 380. Guy wants $2500 but I bet I
can get him down. Car has 150k miles. It's on the "hood" if that tells you
anything but has not been ghettoed out or anything. So am I crazy and should
run away or is it a crazy good deal and I would be crazy to pass?

Sent from my iPhone