On 27/03/2016 12:30 AM, Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:

He is risen!

In the month of march, I made two iron butt runs in the 300SDL rustbucket, (Al) Roughly 1025 miles each. It runs great and sounds good.

In between I made 2 iron butt runs in the van, but had relief drivers for some of those runs.

Today was a 700-800 mile day, but I drive out, but rode back. #1 daughter drove the whole trip in the other car. She did well.

I drove the other SDL almost 400 miles this morning to meet Kaleb. It is so smooth and quiet. Riding back in the 124 is not as smooth. But the 124 handles like a race car. The OM603 in it runs like a dream!

It is nice to have both 126 and 124s with the OM603. Each type has its strengths.

(an iron butt run is at least 1000 miles in a day)

After 5000 miles in 3 weeks along with "normal" driving, I was having trouble with TB and DB tonight! (TB= tired butt; sets in around 750 miles) (DB(in relation to iron butt) = dead butt; that sets in around 900 to 1000 miles in some cases.)

MB Diesels with Mechanical Fuel injection are the Best!

Time to upgrade the seats?

RB