"An economist would say that it will stop when the wages are equalized --
wages in poorer countries will rise, and wages in richer countries will
fall, until they meet in the middle.  If you're an economist, your only
measure of people's well-being is GDP, and by that measure this kind of
trade is actually a beneficial situation overall."

Very true. But for a country who is used to getting X and to tell them (USA) they are going to be evolving into X minus 5000, that puts a real strain on their psycic. The greatest generation who survived the great depression might could handle this reversal. My/Xsersand new generations in US except for a few, I doubt can. See they have this entitlement mentality. May I dare say were are turning into a two class system (but everyone thinks they are rich!!!). Much better for third world people to take if the chart is going upword on their behalf. But looking out for the interest of America which is to be frank where my interets lie very bad for us spoiled Americans.

What set this country apart from all others was our ability to establish and support a middle class system which had the where with all to consume/purchase the products that WE IN THE USA made. It also helped a great deal that the rest of the world used to purchase these too. I believe you cannot last long (on paper you can do anything to make it look good, but that is false Enron did that well) unless you make and sell products (big products, little products all kinds of stuff) which we use/purchase and the world does too. If we do not do this we will fail.

Tom Scordato

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Brodbeck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>