On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Craig via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 09:01:55 -0400 Tim Crone via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't care for metro but I'm used to it from using 2012 at work, so
>> that was not a big issue.
>
> What is "metro"?

The much-maligned Windows 8 interface.  In 10 it is relatively easy to
ignore, in 8 / Server 2012 it really gets in the way.

>> No slowdown or other issues on my older hardware, for what that's worth.
>
> What capabilities do your older hardware have?

The active computers are older (2011/2-ish) enterprise equipment: a
couple Dell Latitudes, an HP desktop, a Dell tower.  I believe they
are all 64-bit capable processors.

During the beta I also had W10 installed on my Dell netbook (mini 10v,
32-bit Intel Atom I think) and it ran okay, no worse than XP/7 - but
the screen driver died shortly after.  If I were Jim I would have
resoldered it, but I am not Jim so it's been recycled.  That was
definitely a hardware failure, it was a long time coming.

Best,
Tim