I have a 2.5mb connection. In the past even when I had a 18mb connection at the other house I would struggle to get 480p streaming at times. Here it would never get over 480. The last week or 2, I have been watching the latest house of cards season and it pretty quickly jumps up to 1080p and usually stays there. It sometimes drops to 780p for a few minutes but then jumps back up to 1080. I am surprised my 2.5 connection will run 1080HD and nothing has changed on my end so I can only figure Netflix has done something on their end. Anyway, just my observation.