Curly,
About 6-7 years ago I needed a front caliper for my 83 300D. The folks on the
"other MB List" said the brand I wanted wasn't good and rebuilt stuff purchased
via O'Reillys was junk, and I should replace both and not just one. So for
$44.00 I purchased and installed one anyway. It has been fine ever since. It
was also much cheaper at the time than other calipers at other stores or
online. For brakes, I'd prefer a rebuilt as opposed to the "knackers".
Just my .02.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale