That is a thought, Dwight, but..... I am trying DOWNSIZE!  ;)
Tom

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 09:08:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1976 240D Turbo: This is NOT a misprint!
From: dwight.gi...@gmail.com
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
CC: tomsc...@hotmail.com

Buy it Tom, & drive it to the Q.
Dwight Giles Jr.

1982 300CD

1990 300D

Wickford RI
On Apr 22, 2016 7:32 PM, "toms cat1 via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

No affiliation.  I saw a similar car at a local car show last summer.  I had a
nice chat with the owner.  I am pretty sure --- but not definite yet--- that
this is the same car. The story is that the original owner was not happy with
the power output, so he had Mercedes turbo it.  If this is the same car, it is
in very good condition.

1976 mercedes 240D 115 - $3995

"4 cyl. 4 sp. with turbo,runs good very minor rust. new seat pads. power
windows, sun roof, take a look make an offer calls only 860-334-two 8 three 8"

Update:  I just spoke to the owner, Carl:  it is indeed the very same car.  And
he has a parts car also.  Original owner had it for a few years;  he wanted
more power, so he contacted Mercedes, and they sent him the Euro turbo, which
he had installed by the local MB dealer.  The seller has several other very
special antique cars.....  a 1922 Studebaker with amazing patina, and a
'woodie' truck, circa 1920's.

How often do you see a W115 240D 4 speed Turbo?

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/5542103794.html

Tom Schuch