Tow driver never touched the hood. It remained closed during the accident. Now, I'm thinking that the evaluator/appraiser never even looked under the hood, other than peeking through cracks. I began to think that after I tried to open it yesterday.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Dillon via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Max Dillon" <dillonm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2016 11:23 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] NC mini Q

It was great to see you again Wilton, wish it could have been under different circumstances. Really a shame that such a nice car was taken out by that distracted driver. Rich and I were looking under the hood, briefly considered trying to bring your sedan back to life, but the damage really is quite severe.

By the way, we had to cut the hood latch with a saw-z-all, I have no idea how that tow truck driver got that hood closed. We both tried with pry bars, could not open that hood with brute force.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC