Oldest son comes home last night and says that Tommy’s S420 is showing
ABS/BAS/ASR lights and he has no cruise.  Hmm.

I’m thinking maybe a dirty speed sensor on one of the wheels.

Put the Chinee DAS system on the car, let it run a full set of diagnostics.
Five minutes later, we have a diagnosis - brake light switch.  Notes in the DAS
suggest checking the third brake light for shorts/grounds.

Look at third brake light - doesn’t work.  Housing is forward 203 inches off
the base, for some reason (oldest son offers no reasons.)  Check lamp - OK.
Put housing back on base, make sure wires ren’t touching anything, reinstall
cover.

Brake light works, no more error codes.  ABS/BAS/ASR lights are now out after
clearing codes.

Nice.

Dan