Curley read this article http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/93 After 6 years tires start to deteriorate I don't care how much tread is on them.

Russ W

On Sun,5/22/16 00:04, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
I have had nothing but bad from goodyear tires. The one exception was the ones that came with the quantum. those never slipped belts and held the road reasonably well. Several of the problems were rubber that is either made too hard or ages to become too hard and does not grip the road. This afternoon, i was supposed to attend lunch 60 miles away to celebrate #1 Daughter's engagement. I was almost there when i looked up at a street sign to try to figure out if it was where I should turn. in that instant, the traffic ahead stopped. I should have had enough time to get stopped, but the the crappy badyears just slid across the pavement. This was to be the last time I drove the POSitive before it got new rubber. Well, it was the last time I will drive the POS. Very low speed hit, but the hood, grill one light and one fender are bent. The other 300D (identical car) would have easily stopped in half the distance. (Cooper CS3 tires.) POS will cost too much to repair. Anyone need a 100k mile OM603 and transmission? I will be selling parts in the fall. If I read the tire date code correctly, the tires were made in 06, but had decent tread and were not weather checked.

I violated my own first rule of insurance. The cheapest insurance is good sticky tires.

Be warned.

-----
No virus found in this message.