It appears that for the second time in 40+ years, I am going to have to replace a transfer pump. Took the car out last night and it was down to 1 or 2 cyl at times, sometimes 3 cyl. Got it running enough to finish the 2 mile R/T.

Changed the fuel lines and prefilter today. It started right up, but no fuel at all in the new filter! ???? Fuel tank screen plugged? ???? Took off the new fuel line, installed 4' of fuel hose and tried sucking first. got fuel easily. So, no need to drain the tank and clean the screen.

Has anyone bought a new transfer pump lately?  what is the best source?

I pulled one off a spare engine, but when I pushed in the plunger, it stuck. Not a good sign. so snagging a used one is probably out.