Well, just this week, as I contemplated throwing out things like used brake pads, fate struck. The RR brake on the 240D was scraping steel on steel. While I waited for parts from crockauto, I scrounged around and after I gave up because I only found used Front brake pads, I went hunting again, and found a set if rear brake pads. I took one set and put them in the RR caliper, so have been able to keep the car on the road for a week until the transfer pump crapped out.

Then there is the transfer pump. I had the 3 cyl OM616 that came out of the Mojave 240D, and the one I traded Mike Ward for that was supposed to be good, but I don't trust. I gave him a sweet running OM617 for it. He got by far the better deal. I tried the Mojave transfer pump first, and was thinking the other engine did not have one, as the IP had been messed up. After I found the mojave pump did not work, I gave up. Later I decided to go LOOK at the Mike Ward engine, and it DID have a transfer pump that works.

So the Parts/hoarding/picking through the floor sweepings paid off to the tune of $174 or so just in the last week.

Today I went to the lumberyard and got 63 pieces of treated lumber, from 5/4 decking to 2 x 12s for $63. Enough to build a fairly elaborate deck, if only I buy 4x4s for posts. I will not use some of it for the deck, but at $63 for a trailerload, if I only use 10 pieces, I come out ahead. Some of it is even rated for ground contact. THere are benefits of hoarding