Jim,
That seems like a lot of money :-)) I know your personal time doesn't have any
value, but.... So while we are telling such experiences... I have a Dell Vostro
200, 2006/2007 dual core PC. About 1 1/2 years ago my wife's old Dell 5150
needed replacing (now that's an old PC). I bought her a Dell Vostro 220 dual
core. I paid $120 for it and the guy (a tech support fellow for a law firm)
threw in a 3 license copy of Win7 Pro 32/64 bit. The Vostro 220 already had the
Win7 Pro 64 bit loaded. I then put it on my Vostro 200 (zero dollars). Then,
last fall when Win10 came out, I loaded Win10 64 bit on both Vostros. Of course
my 200 required a free BIOS upgrade from Dell (about 20 minutes to download and
install and reboot). So, now for free, my old Vostro 200 has gone from XP to
Win7 Pro 64 bit to Win10 Pro 64 bit and is still going strong. By the way,
original on board video, etc. Now to be honest, before I loaded Win7, I did
upgrade the processor (I think $25 because it's an old processor)
 and memory (about $30).
Now, I realize it's not a MAC or any of the Apple flavors, but I've got little
in it as well. I am curious as to why you need so much memory and so many
processors, etc. Are you doing work for the CIA, DOD, Disney, or what?
Sorry, I'm just having some fun on an early Sunday morning...NO offense
intended. It's just similar to Dan when he buys a car at a cheap price and then
proceeds to put hundreds and hundreds of dollars in parts and personal labor
into it. Martha isn't free even if you do it yourself:-))))
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.