From: Peter Frederick [mailto:psf...@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 8:44 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Snook Needs Help!

Is that an expansion valve or an orifice tube/accumulator system?  If it's an
orifice tube (a common system these days, cycles the clutch by low side
pressure) you will need to flush the whole system out if the screen is plugged,
replace the trashed compressor (where all the crap came from) and put a filter
in the high side line so it won't clog up again.

Probably need a filter in the low side line as well since it's impossible to
flush all the crud out of a multi-tube type evaporator
-- no filter, you trash a new compressor right away and end up where you
started.

This is why my Volvo didn't have AC, too hard to find a compressor for it.

Peter