does the jack actually work to break a bead? I watched a London Barrister break down a tyre and change it pretty much bare handed in 1968. It was probably a 13" tyre and it was a radial, but having helped to break down truck and tractor tires, I was impressed that a guy in a suit could change a tyre over there.

I have successfully broken down tires on steel wheel with a 2x12 and the tractor. Lay the 2x on the tire and back over it with the tractor rear tire.

Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 10, 2016 at 2:33 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>

Bead breaker?

I thought that's why Mercedes thoughtfully provided those hand cranked jacks with every car.

Mitch.

fmiser via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 9, 2016 at 1:53 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>

Break the bead. Clean the bead seat on the rim and the bead on the
tire. Reseat.

Hard to do without a bead breaker, so you might not be able to do
it yourself.

Max Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 8, 2016 at 5:58 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
Can I fix this at home? Slow air leak from between the tire and the rim.