I have yet to meet a violent gun.

"gun control" is not about controlling guns, as those with guns will be attempting to take them away from the rest of us. It is about centralized power vs constitutional distributed control. It is about those with the guns controlling the sheeple (whom those with the guns believe will have no way to fight back. Little do they know. rocks, bottles, sticks, the jawbone of an ass (equine, not politician) and much more have been used as weapons to murder)

Joel Cairo via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 13, 2016 at 9:25 AMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach> Yesterday morning was at the SIL's when she came downstairs having just heard the news of the Orlando events. I said "allahuwa akbar!" and she got all upset that I had pointed out the main factor involved. Oh well. So then I sit down and her husband, who is somewhat left of center but fairly reasonable points out 1)mooslim, 2) gay night club, 3) shouting allahuwa akbar, 4) a fundamental aspect of the religion re: homosexuality, so there might be some connections there among all those factors. Of course he said this to me after she left the room.

Then I read the guy liked to beat his (mail order) wife, she thought he was pretty much crazy (due to other aspects of his behavior, apparently the wife-beating is just part of the package). His daddy was a Taliban supporter. So he had the whole package going on, one wonders if he might have been repressing something in his mental makeup?

The IL's church (very liberal) tonight is having a service for "gun violence." No indication if the root cause will be addressed, though I doubt it as it is in Chapel Hill and they COEXIST with everyone.

--JC

Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
June 13, 2016 at 8:56 AMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach> Not at all. I might suggest that had the fibbies been allowed to ask any Q, not just the PC ones, there may have been cause. Or if the cinc did not forbid enforcing certain laws, perhaps some law WAS broken. The laws are written now so that pretty much anyone can be found in breech of some law at anytime.

However,feds, under the (D) party has locked up people of the same extraction as the combatants for the duration. There IS precedent.

Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 13, 2016 at 6:13 AMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>

You don't seriously want to make the Fibbies responsible for locking up people who might commit a crime in the future?

Mitch.

Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
June 12, 2016 at 3:29 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>

What would have happened this morning if, say, the bouncers, the head bartender, and perhaps an owner/manager of the pulse nightclub each had a centerfire weapon, was trained and used it when necessary?

What would have happened had the FBI not let this squirrel walk?