This recording is from 3 years ago, (july 3) but to hear Simon Estes sing this song in person is a thrill. The first time I ever heard Simon Estes sing, I was thinking what a voice to sing this song. And before the evening was over he sang it. From this recording, perhaps if you have good speakers, you might get an inkling of the powerful voice he has, and find it thrilling. The few performances I would say were thrilling I can count on one hand, and Simon singing this song is the only one where I was in the audience, not a part of the performance. If not, well, it is a great rendition of an old song.

I am in no way an opera fan, but I am a fan of Simon Estes. He is much more versatile than just opera.

https://youtu.be/Y6BARdzQVzg