Thanks for the replies regarding the exploding glow plugs, all. I'm still waiting to check the car myself.

I've been concerned about Bosch glow plugs (80006) for a while now, and once heard a while ago that Bosch which made SPARK plugs for MB for a long time was superceeded with NGK spark plugs, due to inferior quality drop after the production of Bosch plugs was sent to Brazil. Could this be relevant to Bosch glow plugs as well? I plan on trying the NGK plugs (2237) though about 25% more cost.
Anyone use them or know anything about these rumours?

One of my suppliers says the Bosch application come with a big fat warranty disclaimer now, something about overloading or something.

Thanks,

Vince