Slightly larger bolt and re-tap?

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Fred Moir
via Mercedes
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2016 3:12 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: Fred Moir
Subject: Re: [MBZ] ML AC

Heli-coil?

Fred Moir.
Lynn MA.
Diesel preferred.

________________________________
From: Mercedes <mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com> on behalf of Kaleb C.
Striplin via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: 04 July 2016 21:43
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: Kaleb C. Striplin
Subject: [MBZ] ML AC

I put the AC back together last weekend but had a massive leak would not
hold vacuum.  I figured I had the wrong size o rings installed so I
ordered the kit, which I went and replaced all the o rings again today,
which included the expansion valve, drier, and compressor.  I still had
a leak so I put a lb of R134 in to check for leaks.  Its coming from the
expansion valve area.  I sucked out the 134 and removed the valve
again.  There is a piece that fits behind the lines coming out of the
evap that 2 bolts screw into that hold the valve to the evap.  The top
one appears to be stripped out at it never tightened down.  The bottom
one does but maybe its not holding it tight enough.  I am hoping that
piece is removable and replaceable or I can repair it.  I am going to
check the epc now. What a hassle.