My lawyer once settled a business disagreement that might have gone to court by
using the legal principle of "inadvertence" since the tort was unintentional.
It stretched the legal meaning of the principle, but the plaintiffs lawyer
decided not to sue; possibly because he thought the judge would invoke the
principle.

"The term inadvertence is generally used in reference to a ground upon which a
judgment may be set aside or vacated under the Rules of Federal Civil Procedure
or state rules of civil procedure."

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Inadvertence

Mine was a civil procedure while Hillarys was/is a (criminal?) procedure?
Can inadvertence be used in potential criminal cases? Better ask Snook.

Did the Democratic administration get the FBI into the case so it could "clear"
Hillary, and deprive the Republicans of an issue during the campaign?  Hmmmm.

---