Or, an embedded ISIS training camp.. Latest release that came to my
attention details that he was NOI.. [Nation of Islam] which puts him in
Louis Farakhan's camp of violence against white people and cops, preaching.

Someone, some where, wound the guy up tight enough to go on a planned and
carefully executed murder spree, to his own death.. which fits the profile
of a shehad. He was not a lone shooter, also, so others were involved to
wind those people up.

For those who may not know: Shehad.. to die while killing the enemies of
islam is the only sure path to jenna [paradise described in islamic books.]

Shooting skills are easily learned with minimum practice.. What is not
easily learned is the willful act of drawing a sight picture on another
human and then killing that person, then repeating that act 12 times. That
particular "talent" set is NOT something learned at your local shooting
range. That requires the person to violate all taboos against such acts.
Thus, my belief the shooters were wound up tight by someone [s] before they
arrived to kill.

To paraphrase an old southern saying "I smell an Imam in the woodpile".