Mercedes and other major manufacturers recommend "Top Tier" fuels, which are
marketed and sold by a number of fuel suppliers like Shell, BP and Costco.

http://www.toptiergas.com

>From what I can determine, the primary difference between "regular" fuels and
>Top Tier fuels is the additive package. I know at our local fuel terminals,
>pretty much all the fuels that come in are from the same supplier. You can see
>the loaders putting additives in the tanker trucks at the terminals, so I have
>to believe there is some credence to your article.

I stick with Top Tier fuels in my cars, typically Costco. Their fuel prices are
competitive, especially since a lot of stations jack the price of premium to
stupid amounts over regular unleaded.

Dan

Sent from my iPad