On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:05:10 +0000 (UTC) Curt Raymond via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Is M1 a decent grease for the job?

With as low as the loading on the axle is, just about any grease would
suffice. M1 is better than just any grease.

If you wanted to go whole hog, you could use Amsoil GPTR2 Synthetic
Polymeric Truck, Chassis and Equipment Grease,
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/grease/synthetic-polymeric-truck-chassis-and-equipment-grease-nlgi-2/?code=GPTR2CR-EA
 .

I did an extensive review of greases when I selected the grease to use on
our utility trailer's wheel bearings. GPTR2 came out on top.

Attached is the spreadsheet I developed showing the results of my
research.

Craig