To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 3:02 AM
Subject: [MBZ] '83 240D clutch won't work

My wifes '83 240D clutch won't release. I replaced the master and slave
cylinders, bled them with a pressure bleeder, and feel that the clutch is
depressing the way it previously has. Before this happened the clutch would
have to be depressed all the way to the floor in order to shift the
transmission.
My wife had cancer and recently died. The last time she drove it, it would
not go into 3rd or 4th gear so she drove home in 2nd. The car sat for about
a year after that.
When I recently tried to move it from the garage to the shop, the clutch
would not release. Thinking the disc might be stuck, I tried jerking the car
with the starter without success.
I haven't been able to find anything about clutches other than maintainence
and inspection on the MB CD.

All help will be sincerely appreciated.
Gerry Archer
'83 240D & 300D