> Gerry wrote:
>
> Someone in the Pacific Northwest said it (diesel?)
> Sprinter didn't do well towing a trailer full of canoes
> when going up mountain grades.

Mitch wrote:

I think you're talking about Kevin Kraly's Dragon Boat Club.

That's what I'm remembering too.

He traded his Cummins in for a 5 cylinder Sprinter, and
then dumped the Sprinter a couple of weeks later because he
didn't think it had enough power to tow the Dragon Boat.

"not enough power" is always subjective.  *smiles*  The
Sprinter sure won't pull like the 6BT.

But I suspect that a 300 HP 14 L Big Cam III Cummins in a
loaded big truck will be even slower than the Sprinter with a
heavy trailer.  So does it not have enough power?  Or is the
driver not patient enough. *grin*