A while back I was discussing how I currently have a WISP that only offers up to 2.5mbps connection and I wanted something faster. I looked into Exede again and the problem there is the data caps, w hich appeared to be solved at least on the surface as they have 12mb connection that gets slowed to 1-5mb when you use up your plan data. After reading some forums they seem to be having problems. The speeds are getting slowed to .5 or less sometimes due to all the traffic, and even when you still have data in your plan you get slow speeds. I then looked around for other alternatives. I knew of another WISP in the area but was not sure they could reach me and was not sure if they were any good or not. My old one that I have used for years was not all that great with outages more frequently that I would like. So I go to this other companies website and it says they have service in my area, and their bottom speed package is 4mb and their top is 12 for $98 which is less than what Exede offers. So, they do a site survey and say I have a clear line of sight to the tower, but we are on the far edge of the towers reach so they are not 100% sure what I would end up with. They come today to do the install. Took about 15-20 minutes if that and it turns out I have great signal here. I am paying for 12mb their top package but have been testing mostly in the mid 20's with the latest test pulling down 27mbps and upload speed of 5.1. Pretty darn good. I am not sure if I will get throttled back to the 12 I am paying for eventually but at least I now have some real internet speeds. This other company has new equipment and the company I was with is still using old equipment, I guess that is the difference.