You can change the battery easy enough. On the 2012 ML it is quite easy, google for a youtube showing how to do yours. As I recall it involved inserting the "emergency" key into a slot and then the battery holder popped out. Or something like that, i forget exactly (that's what the googs are for).

--R

On 8/10/16 5:34 PM, WILTON via Mercedes wrote:
Oh, BTW, yes, I know - it's a POS, and y'all will give me $500 for it, maybe.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "mercedes list" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:32 PM
Subject: [MBZ] '07 E320CDI

When SWMBO went back to the car after Dr. appointment this afternoon, her key fob would not unlock the car. She called me; I called friend, who took me out to the car. 'Got to the car, unlocked it, started it and drove it home using my fob. As we got out of the car at home, I tried SWMBO's fob 3 times locking and unlocking, and it worked fine. What do y'all think? Dying fob battery? Is this a dealer-only item?

Wilton

--FT