Just drop a 350 in it and be done!

--FT

On 8/19/16 9:46 AM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
True, the electric fuel pump may be a red flag, or it may have been done to cure a F.O.R.D. situation, and not yet repaired permanently. I put an electric fuel pump on a vw to cure the combination of no transfer pump and use of a rotary IP. I don't believe that needs an apology.

However, Weber carbs are regarded as an upgrade, not butchery. The zeniths are infamous for warping and being unable to tune correctly. It ia analogous to the Carter/Holly arguments among muscle car aficionados. Putting a holly on a SS396 may be sacrilege to some, but it IS a lot easier to work on and may deliver better performance.

I agree with Max, that every used MB has some things that need to be undone and done correctly, or to the owner's taste.

Jaime Kopchinski via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
August 19, 2016 at 5:37 AM
That and the electric fuel pump. Suggests an uninformed mechanic who made
bad choices for repairs.

Jaime

On Thursday, August 18, 2016, Curley McLain via Mercedes <

Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
August 18, 2016 at 7:13 PM
You mean the webers? Or was there something I missed? He sez he'll include the zeniths. To me, that is ALL good.

Jaime Kopchinski via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
August 18, 2016 at 6:52 PM
It does looks nice, except for the "upgrades" to the fuel system which are
anything but.

Jaime

On Thursday, August 18, 2016, Curley McLain via Mercedes <

Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
August 18, 2016 at 12:13 AM

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5719753514.html

--FT