I think I've mentioned before that my Harbor Freight air compressor doesn't
like to start when its cold out. Below about 40F it needs a preheat to get
going. Recently I changed the oil to straight 30wt, previously I'd been using
some Husky brand compressor oil.The other day it didn't want to start even when
it was warm out, uh oh... I drained the tank which it needed anyway and it
started right up and ran fine.
So maybe the oil isn't doing its job. So I did some research and ordered a
quart of Redline synthetic 30wt compressor oil. One of the claims is better
cold starts. I've had good luck with Redline products (mostly MTL in the
Jetta's transmission) in the past so I'm hoping for good luck here.
Day before yesterday I get a notice from Amazon that my compressor oil order
was canceled. The seller put "technical difficulties" as the reason. I went to
order it again but before I placed the order I happened to look through the
emails Amazon sends with the order and found one from the oil seller notifying
me that they occasionally pick out somebody to send product to for free and I
had been selected. The oil showed up yesterday...
So a free quart of almost $20 compressor oil, how cool is that?
-Curt